October 4, 2010

Thinking about marriage @ 3.30 A.M

My parents were discussing about my marriage last night and wanted to know my plans. So I had a thought of thinking about it. But thought about in a different way, and I just imagined what would happen if Arranged Marriage (AM), Love Marriage (LM) and Life of Bachelor (LOB) meet each other.

AM : Hi, How are you ? How is your Father ? How is your mother's health ? Is she feeling good ? [In a Formal way]

LM : Hey dude, am cool and about my mom & dad.. they are rocking man...Yo ! [Completely casual and excited]

LOB : Boss, listen to me , better be single. [In a Warning tone]

AM : Hey, why are u calling me Dude, Geed and all. I don't like this. Am formal and giving respect to you , why don't you behave properly. You do not worry about our customs.

LM : Hey, why u wanna be formal ? Enjoy your life man and go get a life...

LOB : Boss, listen to me , better be single. [In a Warning tone]

AM : Hmmm, Enjoy life.. I know what you mean by that. You are totally disobedient.

LM : Disobedient ???

AM : Yeah, then what ? You decide things on your own and you decide your life partner and never listen to your parents.

LM : That's not being disobedient, that's being independent, being confident and having freedom to make decision.

LOB : Boss, listen to me , better be single ! [In a Warning tone]

AM : Hmmmm.....Freedom to make decision.... Why do you want to make your own decision on choosing your partner alone ?
Your parents chose everything for you these many days ,they know you very well and they know your likes and dislikes.
Then why shouldn't they make a decision about your marriage ?


LM : It is not that I do not allow parents to make a decision, it's all about choosing a soul mate for my life.
May be parents have given the best things for me, but choosing soul mate is different and only I know about this. It is a real serious thing dude, How could you just get married to a person whom you don't know ? Only because of the reason that your parents believe the person is good and your life will be good with that person,you simply accept the person to be your soul mate. And the life with the person isn't going to be for few weeks or months , it is for next 40 to 50 Years. Man, this is too much for me.


LOB : Boss, listen to me , better be single. [In a Warning tone]

AM : Hey , Hold on ! Hold on ! Are you trying to to say that I don't get to know the person before marriage ? If yes, then you are wrong. I have more than the sufficient time of 3 to 6 months to know each other. We get engaged and then we'll get to know each other. What's your problem ?

LM : Yeah, you get engaged and then get to know each other. You don't have an option here. Your parents point out the person and get you engaged to the person and you have to like that person. You get compromised even if you don't like the person, thinking about your parents happiness.
What a life man..!!! [Nodding head with disappointment]
I don't want to get compromised in choosing my soul mate who will be with me for rest of my life.


LOB : Boss, listen to me , better be single. [In a Warning tone]
I've lost patience, come to a conclusion.

AM : Okay, let's start... Am the most successful

LM : Yeah, I fail most of the times, but if i succeed am the Happiest person.
I agree that you are most successful, but what about life after that success, how much happy you are ?


AM : I do not increase your mobile bill all the days. I do it only after engagement.

LM : No comments. I make mobile bills go for a toss.

AM : Everyone around me are happy, looking at them am also happy

LM : I will also be happy if everyone around me are happy, but it's not the only thing that gives me happiness. I have a space for my own happiness

AM : I have No hard feelings, No Hurts, No Pain, No Chaos. Somehow will manage to be successful and only happy endings.

LM : I know I hurt a lot, but that is ignorable in case of a true love. But you get compromised, you sacrifice your likings for your parents. Of course, not in all cases, but you do it in many cases.

AM : Yes, I agree for that. Because falling in Love is normal in everyone's life.
And yeah am a bit cruel that I make person give up love for the sake of family.
As a compensation, I do provide lot of dowry.


LM : No Dowry. Money flows from the end where there is money ! Money doesn't matter for me. I am behind true love and care.

LOB : Boss, listen to me , these guys wont stop confusing each other, so better be single. [In a Warning tone].

Saying this, LOB opens a bottle of FOSTERS, and enjoys life :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seams like you are an interesting man. ,
Gone through you blog and it’s Amazing.
You have capture the real thinking about LM, AM, LOB
I had a through in my mind, let me share it with u , “What if LOB continuous his thinking like that, then he is missing a lot in life, afterall life is all about experiencing different stages, if so untill final stage of his LOB life he will be accompanied with one partner i.e. with his Foster”., isn’t an interesting through…
Hey your pets are cute!

Unknown said...

Hi Sneha,
Thank you for the comments and a Special Thanks for liking my pets :)

Your thought is really interesting and makes me to think about a bachelor Life only with FOSTERS. Let me think about it. Something might hit my mind.